Random/Automatic touchscreen pressing behaviour
Go to page  [1] 2 3 4
Moderators: Marc Schattorie, ctys2ard, oroo708, JHS_NL, RaithK, allram, Frits
Author Post
SparkyRih
Wed Jul 17 2013, 12:18PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2
So I'm starting to think that this issue is getting more serious, so that's why I created this thread to collect everyones issues... So please keep everything in this thread...

First thread
http://www.padfoneclub.com/pl/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?10991
Second thread
http://www.padfoneclub.com/pl/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?11010
1 User said Thanks to SparkyRih for this post :
 SAman (17 Jul : 22:19)
SAman
Wed Jul 17 2013, 10:28PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1790
Update on actions taken: My touchscreen was fairly stable for about 3 days after I booted into recovery, auto calibrated the display and cleared the cache, but now the screen's acting up again and its happening increasingly frequently.

[ Edited Wed Jul 17 2013, 10:30PM ]
androxe
Wed Jul 17 2013, 11:51PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1777
Has anyone with the screen problem called asus support yet?
SparkyRih
Thu Jul 18 2013, 12:11AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2
SAman wrote ...

Update on actions taken: My touchscreen was fairly stable for about 3 days after I booted into recovery, auto calibrated the display and cleared the cache, but now the screen's acting up again and its happening increasingly frequently.

Could you try auto calibrating and clearing cache again? see if it solves it again... If that works again (even only for a short period of time) and others do the same thing with the same results, it might be a software issue afterall which can be fixed more easy....
320i24vv
Fri Jul 19 2013, 03:57PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1580
update regarding the problem: problem is happening in the left top corner. When I cleaned the display with a cloth I have noticed that the part in question (top left cornet) is squeaking when pressed. Phone had phantom touches. I shut it down and pressed harder with the cloth on that top left corner. Problem solved. Problem has appeared again. Same think repeated. Problem solved again.
Definitely this is a hardware problem. And my opinion is reinforced by the fact that the phone had worked perfectly for one month. The sound made by that part of the screen is like it is unglued. Like you have to press it to stick it back. Have contacted ASUS customer service from my country and they confirmed based on the phone's SN that the warranty is local, only in Taiwan. I have asked them about a quote for the display and/or digitizer replacement and the price of the service to perform this operation and am still waiting.
Kindly ask you guys to please advise as I am seriously thinking of selling the phone, but will lose a looooooooot of money and also don't have anything else to buy. I love everything about this phone.
androxe
Sat Jul 20 2013, 10:33AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1777
320i24vv wrote ...

update regarding the problem: problem is happening in the left top corner. When I cleaned the display with a cloth I have noticed that the part in question (top left cornet) is squeaking when pressed. Phone had phantom touches. I shut it down and pressed harder with the cloth on that top left corner. Problem solved. Problem has appeared again. Same think repeated. Problem solved again.
Definitely this is a hardware problem. And my opinion is reinforced by the fact that the phone had worked perfectly for one month. The sound made by that part of the screen is like it is unglued. Like you have to press it to stick it back. Have contacted ASUS customer service from my country and they confirmed based on the phone's SN that the warranty is local, only in Taiwan. I have asked them about a quote for the display and/or digitizer replacement and the price of the service to perform this operation and am still waiting.
Kindly ask you guys to please advise as I am seriously thinking of selling the phone, but will lose a looooooooot of money and also don't have anything else to buy. I love everything about this phone.

That doesnt sound too good. Did you buy it directly from Taiwan?
320i24vv
Mon Jul 22 2013, 08:13AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1580
androxe wrote ...

320i24vv wrote ...

That doesnt sound too good. Did you buy it directly from Taiwan?

Hello! Yes, I have bought the phone from an eBay member from Taiwan.
Have spoken with customer support from my country and they told me to be patient as a new firmware update will be released soon that includes "improved touchscreen settings" among other goodies.
Will do that. Phone still does the things described and in my opinion is definitely a HW problem. Whenever the issue appears just press the power button once to power off the display and put the phone in standby mode, clean the screen with a cloth and press a little harder on the damaged corner (to say so) and the problem is fixed for another day or two. When it appears again, repeat.
PS: phone started squeaking in the lower part of the screen too.
I have an Asus Transformer Book too and that squeaks identically but that tablet has no problems and I do not care about that as i have a 2 year warranty.
But with the phone its another thing.....
JustinTan
Mon Jul 22 2013, 10:54AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #105
I dont know if it's the same, but my Dell suffer from the same phantom touch. It's been an issue from N-trig, the one who made the digitizer. I'm speaking about a laptop btw.
I barely suffer from that anymore, but yeah after time, maybe like 2 weeks or later, or maybe a week with non stop turned on laptop, the problem might reappear. usually I turn it off, clean the screen thoroughly, and voila, the problem disappear. it might resurfaced especially when you tocuh a lot and there's a lot of fingerprint on your display. the frequency is much seldom with the new driver update though, so cross your finger, new firmware update might fixed it
320i24vv
Tue Jul 23 2013, 12:19PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1580
am waiting for that firmware update. we will see....
SAman
Wed Jul 24 2013, 10:25AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1790
Its been a week now and to my relief, I have not had the problem again. I didn't recalibrate or clear the cache since it was playing up last time so I really don't know what to make of this issue. I can only hope & pray the problem doesn't return again.
320i24vv
Thu Jul 25 2013, 11:23AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1580
do any of you guys know where to upgrade my Asus warranty from local to international? I presume it will cost something but have talked to the guys from Asus customer support from my country and based on the SN number of the phone they have told me that the phone has local warranty (in China probably) and I have to upgrade to international one.
Will be waiting for your feedback! Kind regards, guys!
SunHill
Fri Jul 26 2013, 03:27PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1866
I have the same problem, but it's about 3/5 down on the screen. I use patternlock, so now I can't open my phone... :-/
Can log in to google, but too much work for every time..
marc1991x
Fri Jul 26 2013, 10:03PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1655
As far as I know, you can't just update your warranty. My information from Asus is that there are phones with a "global warranty" sticker. Only those devices have global warranty. If you don't have one on your device (and you probably haven't when Asus already said so), then you only have local warranty. But when they told you that you have to upgrade, just ask them where you can do it.

[ Edited Fri Jul 26 2013, 10:04PM ]
SergTM
Wed Jul 31 2013, 04:10PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1643
Hello , i have this problem to .. the up of the screen not responding for touch . . . i did factory reset, touch callibration, installed other version and this still no work .
i install from the market "TouchScreenTune (Note,S2) its helps when you in the app and all the screen work fine, but when you pressing APLLY its stops to work and write "not supported devise"
Maybe some good people can do \ little change this app for Padfone Infinity? Thanks and sorry for my english

[ Edited Wed Jul 31 2013, 04:11PM ]
troubadour
Thu Aug 01 2013, 12:15AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #474
SergTM wrote ...

Hello , i have this problem to .. the up of the screen not responding for touch . . . i did factory reset, touch callibration, installed other version and this still no work .
i install from the market "TouchScreenTune (Note,S2) its helps when you in the app and all the screen work fine, but when you pressing APLLY its stops to work and write "not supported devise"
Maybe some good people can do \ little change this app for Padfone Infinity? Thanks and sorry for my english

If it works fine in the app that would mean it could be a software problem then ... ?
Go to page  [1] 2 3 4  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF