Username:    Password:    Remember me     
Forums
Padfone Club :: Forums :: New Padfone Infinity Forums :: New Padfone Infinity Help

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Replace the screen yourself
Go to page  1 [2]
Moderators: Marc Schattorie, ctys2ard, oroo708, JHS_NL, RaithK, allram, Frits
Author Post
Wargoth
Mon Aug 25 2014, 10:09PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2951
So! Here we go again.
I now recieved the item I linked above.
I just wonder if the mystic missing piece is crucial or not.
The one metal piece in the red circle.

//Anton

Message was editted at 08:09PM:

Just put the metal piece from the old one to the new one.
Sadly the screen was fabricated wrong from start and I need to send it back and get a new one.
The story continues.

[ Edited Mon Aug 25 2014, 09:34PM ]
Charenthe
Thu Sep 04 2014, 10:06AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #194
I have broken my Panel screen. I have found à lot of offer on Ebay but all dont siut when I receive them.

Who could give me a right direction, second image is a wrong part proposed on Ebay.

kingleviathan
Sun Oct 12 2014, 06:44AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2476
I found two places that claim to sell the LCD-Digitizer for A86 padfone...thought anyone? it about 75% more than the LCD-Dgitizer for the A80 but no one will definately confirm that the A80 screen is compatible

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Black-Original-For-Asus-Padfone-Infinity-A86-LCD-WITH-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-Replacement-Assembly-With-Free/2052889381.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-FOR-ASUS-Padfone-Infinity-A86-Lcd-screen-display-with-Touch-panel-digitizer-Free-shipping/2028061946.html
mefar67
Thu Nov 20 2014, 10:56PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #821
Hi all
Im the process of changing my screen. I have a quality problem..the screen i am getting put on my phone have the asus logo at the top of the screen any thoughts ?
i have seen pictures from aliexpress showing logo in correct place and also at the top depending on what picture you click on.....

Mefar
rafael_mfr
Wed Apr 08 2015, 08:10PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #733
@Charenthe did you changed the screen from yout NPFI Station succesfully? If so, where did you bought the replacement touchscreen?

My case is that today I just got my screen from NPFI station cracked op top left, but now there are some parts on top of screen that doesn't response to my touch commands, however screen shows image perfectly in whole display.

So I assume that I need a new Touchscreen, as http://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-1-inch-Tablet-Mid-pc-Touchpad-For-Asus-PadFone-Infinity-A86-Station-Touchscreen-5305P-FPC/32285132594.html

Does anybody have replaced touch from station already here? Is the touch from A80 station the same as A86?

Thanks in advance!

[ Edited Wed Apr 08 2015, 11:11PM ]
jangita
Thu Apr 09 2015, 08:26AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2587
Hi Guys,

So I hope this helps. I embarrassingly cracked my A86 screen and have been using it in the station for the past two months. I've not been sure weather to just get a new phone all together. One day I did a manual software upgrade from the ASUS site ( OTA never got any for me) and it looked great so I decided to order keep the ASUS and order!

A friend also busted his A80 screen so we both ordered. I'll post for A86 here and A80 on the correct forum.

So first things first

1. A80 screen will NOT work with the A86. We tried, didn't fit, didn't boot even with the connectors plugged in. The phone couldn't even close
2. I shipped in my ASUS from the east. I've noticed the ones ordered from the UK are slightly different. The screens might be different too.
3. I'm not sure but the screen replacement from the UK has the ASUS logo on top... my original one was the bottom.

For A86 I ordered from here. My old A86 was black but I ordered white. I ordered two of each just in case I messed up one, and in case I crack the screen again (I hate screen cases)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/98-new-Original-LCD-display-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-with-frame-for-ASUS-PadFone-Infinity-A86-white/32286927292.html

Took three days to ship, plus I was on holiday in Mauritius.

Watch this it will help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSuTIOa89sU
and this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfCqNfwV6NM

Some tips when replacing which they don't mention:

1. Do NOT use a screw driver or any sharp object when opening up the back cover. The casing scratches really easily. Use an old bank ATM card. You can carefully use it to do the initial opening though. Then insert the card (not too deeply maybe 2mm inside) and use it to pry the rest of the cover open.
2. You will need a Torx Screwdriver size T5 Torx which is 0.055inches or 1.42mm to open the inside screws. This is what a Torx looks like

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torx#/media/File:Torx-Bits_T15-T20-T25-T30.jpg

3. The side volume connectors, you will have to SLOWLY wedge them off the walls of the old screen and put them into the new one.
4. It took me 30 minutes and it is the first time I ever opened up a phone.
5. Remove the SIM and SD card before.
6. The cable connectors, with the A86 face down and top furthest away from you, at the bottom left there is a connector. I almost messed it up. To open, there is a hinge that you slide upwards and to the right. Be careful with this as the cable just does not slide out.
7. Take time to study the spare part so see where the screws are and how it holds on to the cover. It really helped me when disassembling and re-assembling.
8. Keep the broken screen for sentimental reasons.

Good luck!
renz
Sun Apr 12 2015, 10:45AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1553
Concerning the phone, the screen is glued badly to thu digitizer. Even heating I would say they are almost impossible to spare. I did replace the glued digitizer of a samsung galaxy s4, that was a mess but i did it, but this asus one is tough…
concerning the station, this one had a connector problem and I decided to tear it apart.So I have many spare parts for sale.

Go to page  1 [2]  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF