Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Marc Schattorie, ctys2ard, oroo708, JHS_NL, RaithK, allram, Frits
Author Post
ravijeet
Tue Sep 18 2012, 07:15PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #273
Hello All,
It is great to see that we have a discussion Portal for Padfone as it seems like XDA has discarded this product.

I got my Padfone in Taiwan when I was visiting there and I brought it over to Singapore. I had some issues previously and I was informed by Singapore Asus service center that my product is not supported in Singapore. This was a pretty big shock for me as when I got it in Taiwan the guy assured that I have 1 year International warranty.

I did manage to get it fixed first time for free but just before I take it to service center this time I want to check on the forums if somebody is facing same issue as me.

The ISSUE:
After repair when I was using the Padfone in tablet mode I noticed that my network signal is very weak and 3G signal was dropping again and again. In phone mode I had no issues. I took out the phone and tried to check what could be wrong and found out that out of the three Golden pins which are at the lower side of Padfone one of them has gone completely inside. If it possible that this is causing the phone to loose the signal.

Is there any fix I can do to resolve this before I finally have to take it to ASUS Service Center.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ravi

SparkyRih
Tue Sep 18 2012, 07:21PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2
I pretty sure, that pin is your problem... trying to fix this yourself can void your warranty... so I gueess you have no other option :S
ravijeet
Tue Sep 18 2012, 07:24PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #273
SparkyRih,
Thanks for such a quick reply... I also feel the same thing... But the Pin was pushed in while I was trying to put in the phone inside the tablet... Damn Asus service center people will not give a **** about what ever I say now isn't it.

The baby will have to go the service center then.

I will have to raise a fight once again at the service center.

Ravi
SparkyRih
Tue Sep 18 2012, 07:54PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2
Let us know how it turns out...
oroo708
Wed Sep 19 2012, 04:07AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #9
How many gold pin was there?? only saw 2 in the pic and it should be 3
ravijeet
Wed Sep 19 2012, 04:39AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #273
There are supposed to be three pins. One of them has gone completely inside.

Sometimes I feel really bad about my habit of being an early adopter.

Ravi
RaithK
Wed Sep 19 2012, 12:11PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #52
I have the Same problem even if my pin is ok. You will probabil have to send it back to Taiwan for service though. Also you will probably be charge for it.
ravijeet
Wed Sep 19 2012, 12:30PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #273
RaithK,
How did you solve your problem or you still have it? I will not take the pains of sending it to Taiwan. I will ask ASUS Service centre to give me a price and then I will raise it to Taiwan tourism board. I have heard that they really take action on companies or people who tricked tourist on buying products with wrong information.

I will keep everybody posted on the forum when I have a response. For the time being I am very happy with my old Galaxy S2 with CM10 (Jelly Bean). The old phone has got new life with the new software.

Ravi
RaithK
Wed Sep 19 2012, 03:15PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #52
Well I'm over 10000 km further to the West than Singapore so it hurt when service told me to contact Taiwan via regular phone. The turism board got nothing on it, it's Asus to blame. Nowhere does it specify about local warranty on their site. Mine still is not fixed because if i add up the problems fixing it myself would cost just as much as a new one, although I can live with the problems.
rainbird
Mon Apr 01 2013, 12:34AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1147
Hi all,

I got similar problem with no service in station mode. When I use the phone my gsm network is detect and connect without major problems (it is strange that sometimes phone lost connection and reconnecting). When I put the phone into the Padfone dock conection with network is broken (and I've got message "no service"). I checked pins in the slot and seems to be ok. Moreover when I manually detect gsm networks Padfone dock recognized ... other network than mine! From time to time for a while I also got connection with my network (but it is very unstable). Any proposal of solution that problem??

BTW - I must say that this is one of most buggged device form Asus which I ever had :(
RaithK
Mon Apr 01 2013, 08:05AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #52
No solution, you have to send it to service. That was the single solution for me. They changed the antennas in the station and now everytghing is fine. Your gsm signal is also affected, just that it's always stronger than 3G makes it possible to get through the station door. I repeat, this is the only solution to this problem, send the whole thing (phone and all) back to where you got it and send it to warranty.
rainbird
Fri Apr 12 2013, 04:39PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1147
I also decided to replace type of SIM card from my GSM operator (the old one had over 7 years, when 3G were not avaible in my country). After replacing signal was a little bit better but still i I had huge difference in strenght of signal between Padfone (15-20 asu) and Station (1-5 asu maximum or lost signal). Finally I decided to sent both devices into the service.
JustinTan
Tue Apr 16 2013, 01:11AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #105
@rainbird

let us know how it fare after you send it to service eh. mine also had a huge difference in signal strength, that makes me want to sell it and get the infinity instead
rainbird
Tue May 21 2013, 02:32PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1147
Hello,

Two weeks ago I had recived my padfone from the service. They replaced 3 pin connector (but during reparing process I reviced e-mail from the service that they ordered GSM antenna for my phone and they waiting for delivery).

Today I had talked with service and they confirmed that only connector was replaced. As they said: "We also ordered GSM antenna but our serviceman finally decided that it is not neccessary to replace that part".

Problems with GSM signal in the station was almost solved. I write "almost" because signal is not perfect (1-2 bars) and I also noticed that wifi signal is weaker than before repair (singal drop from full range (4 bars) to half). I don't change router and any wifi stettings so it is probably connected with the phone.

Till now I don't decied to send phone to the service (3 times!!) but I'm not fully satisfied. Maybe you had any other experiences with improving wifi signal??
RaithK
Thu May 23 2013, 06:11AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #52
Open the padfone dor and see if the signal improves.
Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF