Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Marc Schattorie, ctys2ard, oroo708, JHS_NL, RaithK, allram, Frits
Author Post
Skyzaap
Sun Sep 23 2012, 06:37PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #284
Hi everyone!

I'm glad I found a community about this revolutionary device, I'm italian and i don't know any other Padfone owner here... so I've also never seen any other Padfone than mine, which means no possibility of real comparison. I didn't find any presentation thead, but if I'll have time i'll write my story in the appropriate forum

I'm here because I have a problem with the camera app, and I hope you'll be able to help me, at least to understand the nature of the problem;
basically, everytime I take a picture the left part of it is unfocused (this when in landscape mode, in portrait mode this issue is mainly visible in the upper-left part of it); this with both autofocus and infinite modes (if you want to try: I think it is more visible with a 50% zoom-in).

I noticed that, apparently, this issue wasn't appearing in pictures taken with the old camera firmware (don't know its number, but it's the one brought with Android 4.0.3 firm).
Unfortunatly I didn't take a lot of pics with that firmware version because the 4.0.4 OTA upgrade was already available (actual camera firm: f09968).
Here there are some pics (at the end of the thread), look them all to better understand the situation

1-first Padfone, firm 4.0.3
2-first Padfone, firm 4.0.4
3-actual Padfone, firm 4.0.4
4-actual Padfone, firm 4.0.4
5-actual Padfone, firm 4.0.4
6-actual Padfone, firm 4.0.4
7-screenshot specs

One more thing: I had a Padfone before the actual, but I changed it within the first week because it had a problem. Curiously, this “unfocus issue” seems to be present in the same way on both the devices with the new camera firm... so I hope it’s just a software issue!

But what do you think about it? Have you experienced something similar?
I read some of your topics and didn’t find anything similar, and really hope Asus will fix this (if firm issue) because I like to take pictures on the go and this camera is capable of great shots with the right light...

I’m sorry if I was a little wordy , and I hope my english is understandable.

[ Edited Sun Feb 10 2013, 02:14PM ]
acemanice
Mon Oct 08 2012, 11:49PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #334
Noticed today after taking pictures in mautain. I can confirm that problem - Same firmware - same issue. I was checked an older photos and focus was ok before update.

[ Edited Mon Oct 08 2012, 11:56PM ]
eddie_f
Tue Oct 09 2012, 09:42AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #99
When the Padfone arrived on the market, the first firmware had exactly the same focus issue. Many testers mentioned that in their reports and I thought Asus fixed that with a new firmware. Somehow they may have managed to bring the issue back...
dtorga
Wed Oct 10 2012, 07:50AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #246
comparing to my previous galaxy note, my brother`s s2 and my gf htc one S, the padfone camera literally "sucks", the software is pretty good but the quality can be compared to many low cost devices...
Skyzaap
Wed Oct 10 2012, 07:40PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #284
Thanks for the replies,

I also wrote on other forums and found out that, apparently, not everyone has this problem, despite what eddie_f says... but maybe people don't care about it...
Hope they'll fix, it's unacceptable on a device like this, it's like not having the camera.

PS: eddie_f, can you tell me where can i write feedbacks about the padfone to Asus, or where you have found those reports so I can help myself and maybe help others? Thanks!

[ Edited Wed Oct 10 2012, 07:43PM ]
SparkyRih
Wed Oct 10 2012, 10:02PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2
Skyzaap wrote ...

Thanks for the replies,

I also wrote on other forums and found out that, apparently, not everyone has this problem, despite what eddie_f says... but maybe people don't care about it...
Hope they'll fix, it's unacceptable on a device like this, it's like not having the camera.

PS: eddie_f, can you tell me where can i write feedbacks about the padfone to Asus, or where you have found those reports so I can help myself and maybe help others? Thanks!

I think Asus is already reading this forum... as far as I know this is the biggest Padfoen community......
eddie_f
Thu Oct 11 2012, 11:37AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #99
Skyzaap wrote ...

Thanks for the replies,

Here you can find one of the first german reviews about the Padfone. I hope you can somehow translate the text, but directly below the test pictures they write about the focus issue on the left side of the picture. That is with the initial CHT firmware.
1 User said Thanks to eddie_f for this post :
 Skyzaap (16 Oct : 12:54)
Skyzaap
Tue Oct 16 2012, 12:54PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #284
Thanks eddie_f, and thanks a lot to everybody! I sent it to Asus with a RMA for another problem to the screen (colours were not brilliant and I had strange vertical lines visible on grey screens), let's wait...
1024ksavo
Tue Oct 16 2012, 04:23PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #340
Ciao Skyzaap, I'm italian too. I actually didn't notice any camera focus flaw. I'm checking some photos better and let you know.
Skyzaap
Tue Oct 23 2012, 01:08PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #284
Ciao 1024ksavo!
OK, check it and let me know, thanks! My padfone returned yesterday with the same camera, they did't change it... i'll wait till JB update, then i'll contact Asus again if i'll have the same problem.

[ Edited Tue Oct 23 2012, 01:14PM ]
Skyzaap
Wed Oct 24 2012, 11:42PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #284
It's me again!
I was just wondering... why doesn't any padfone owner notice this issue? It drives me maaad! doesn't it drive you mad, guys? Not mad with the owners, mad with this issue, IT is tricky.. ;^)

I'm writing this because today I decided to accept this wonderful device with all its pros and faults, "to bury the hatchet" with Asus, even if I paid it a lot more then it had to cost (with all these unusual issues, the fact that it's first of its kind and that they already planned to make a more stable n.2, and so on they could sell it for 400 fone+station);
But I'm still a little disappointed in Asus, I already had a couple of its products, my M50Vn bought 4 years ago it's perfectly healty and operative, so I trusted Asus a lot, since a month ago...
peace for everyone

[ Edited Wed Oct 24 2012, 11:51PM ]
sspiross
Tue Feb 05 2013, 08:50AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1021
I recently bought a 32gb padfone. It is a great phone but I also notice the camera issue. After the update to 4.0.4 the left part of the picture is unfocused. I did a comparison test with my brothers padfone (still with android 4.0.3) and in every picture taken with the new camera firmware the left side is blur but with the old firmware the picture is very clear and well focused.
I contact Asus support and they told me to send the padfone to the service for downgrade or to wait for 4.1.1 update that will fix the camera problem.
Unfortunately the problem is also present with the 4.1.1 update (I flashed the new CHT firmware).
Does anyone know any other solution or sending the phone to asus is the only solution?
Thanks in advance!
1 User said Thanks to sspiross for this post :
 Skyzaap (07 Feb : 19:15)
Skyzaap
Thu Feb 07 2013, 07:28PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #284
sspiross wrote ...

After the update to 4.0.4 the left part of the picture is unfocused. I did a comparison test with my brothers padfone (still with android 4.0.3) and in every picture taken with the new camera firmware the left side is blur but with the old firmware the picture is very clear and well focused.
I contact Asus support and they told me to send the padfone to the service for downgrade or to wait for 4.1.1 update that will fix the camera problem.
Unfortunately the problem is also present with the 4.1.1 update (I flashed the new CHT firmware).

Thanks a lot, you hit the spot!
Too bad that, after the hope you gave me writing about the comparison between two padfone,you added the new preoccupation about the persistant camera issue even in the total new camera firmware... I don't think that giving it back to service will help, I think they would jist downgrade everything! I wonder why cannot they downgrade only the camera firmware? And why if this is a well-known issue, they don't simply fix it or release an ota update for the camera?? Oooo I hate so much to be helpless...
sspiross
Fri Feb 08 2013, 08:17AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1021
I still have some hope that in the final 4.1.1 release they will fix the camera problem because with the CHT 4.1.1 update (that is now gone from the asus site) the camera firmware version was still the f09968. We just have to wait and see. But if they don’t solve this focus problem I will send them my padfone for downgrade as the camera is a very important part of a mobile phone for me and also I have the evidence (from my brothers padfone with the old firmware) that the phone can take some very decent photos.
cataf
Fri Feb 08 2013, 10:11AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #756
i saw this post and i checked my photos even though i never noticed any problems regarding the camera. after checking my photos i did,t find any problems like the ones you have described .... i use 4.0.4 as well
Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF