Return Padfone 2 to Asus Hong Kong
Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Marc Schattorie, ctys2ard, oroo708, JHS_NL, RaithK, allram, Frits
Author Post
tomski
Wed Jan 02 2013, 01:17PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #648
The charging issues I've been facing (see thread: http://www.padfoneclub.com/pl/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?4275) have finally resulted in my phone's death. The last couple of hours before it died I could only turn the phone on when it was directly hooked to the AC charger. Then it would only display 1% of battery without it ever going up. Now it's just dead. When I hook it up to the AC charger, I can boot it but as soon as I see the ASUS logo it turns off again as if it doesn't have enough power to go any further.

Anyway. It seems my phone only has local warranty. I could send it to Asus Netherlands (the closest by to where I live), but it would be repaired without the warranty.

I've been looking online to find a way to have it send to Asus Hong Kong, but I have no idea where to really start. Here (http://support.asus.com/ServiceCenter/List.aspx?SLanguage=en&r=1&c=26&a=335&p=12) I found some service centers, but I don't know if I should contact one of these (+ my Chinese is a bit, hmmm, rusty to say the least. LOL)?

I've already contacted the seller (negri electronics) with the same question, but they haven't reverted to me yet. Maybe there is someone from Hong Kong here that might be able to help me?

thx
judgey
Wed Jan 02 2013, 02:17PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #642
negri electronics will not contact you back they suck big time. If u paid by amazon cheakout get them to give u a refund. Its what i had to do as negri electronics would not get back to me. Still got phone lol

Message was editted at 02:17PM:

Btw i think negri electronics just drop ship this phone they dont sell it them selfs
tomski
Wed Jan 02 2013, 02:22PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #648
I paid with Google Checkout... :/

Would I be able to do the same thing with them?

[ Edited Wed Jan 02 2013, 02:25PM ]
judgey
Wed Jan 02 2013, 02:44PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #642
they should have some sort of thing, u will need to look at your account and see if there is a way to rise a ticket.
tomski
Wed Jan 02 2013, 04:30PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #648
Already had a look. You can't get a direct refund through Google Wallet. They can only act as a sort of 'middle man' to speed up the refund/return process.

But I don't really expect Negri to do anything. I just mailed them to ask where I could get an RMA directly from Asus Hong Kong. Negri mentions on their website that you can create an RMA with them (Negri) and send the padfone back to them. But they will then charge me the shipping fee to send it to their supplier in Hong Kong.

Why don't they have a simple generic website to create RMA cases? Would ease things considerably.

Message was editted at 04:30PM:

I sent a mail to support_hk©asus.com which is apparently the general e-mail address for all HK Support centres. Hopefully they'll give me an answer soon.
eternitykill
Wed Jan 02 2013, 07:01PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #635
My phone died too.. I can't even guess what the cause is.
The phone was on my desk, and one afternoon I turned the screen on to check my emails, and then bam! the screen went black..
I tried to reboot the phone, but it just would not get past the ASUS logo page.. After trying rebooting 20-30 times, I did manage to reboot. And then it seemed to work fine for another 30 minutes and then again bam! black out...
It wouldn't reboot after then, and now it doesn't turn on at all..

I'm seriously considering just ditching the phone and getting a new one.. but I should try to send the phone to Taiwan first.. the round trip shipping fees also a bummer..

I hope all goes all for you! Wish me luck
tomski
Wed Jan 02 2013, 08:12PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #648
I was thinking the same thing. I could order one on Amazon now and have it shipped over in 2-3 days. In the mean time, I send my defective phone to Hong Kong to have it repaired. Once I get it back, I can sell it on eBay. I'll make some loss, but I won't have to be weeks and weeks without my Padfone2
judgey
Wed Jan 02 2013, 09:16PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #642
No negri electronics should sort this out for you, they sold you it... They just scam tho once they have your money they dont want to know. As soon as amazon refunded me they soon got it touch with me via email but they did not get any of my emails???

Anyhow they will not be getting this phone back as they just doing the same to you and prob loads more people. They just scammed them selfs ummzz
tomski
Thu Jan 03 2013, 10:00PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #648
So I just had a reply from Negri. They pointed me to their own RMA page, but I was a bit worried as they mention in their repair policy that they would then ship the item to the manufacturer and charge me for the shipping costs.

I was browsing their website and was contacted by Anthony on their live chat support:

Anthony:
Happy New Year, I am here to help. If you need me, just ask.
me: Hi Anthony, I think I just had a reply from you on my question regarding a defective Asus Padfone 2 I bought.

me: As my phone is over 25 days old and your policy stipulates that I should directly contact the manufacturer in case of a defect, I was wondering if you could give me a point of contact.
A website? e-mail address...
Because I think that if I first send it to you guys, I will be charged again for having it sent over to hong kong for repairs.
So I might as well ship it straight to HK to win time and money.

Anthony: Hello there, you can contact Asus through this link here:
support.asus.com/contactus.aspx

me: Thanks, I already found that link as well, but I find it kind of strange that I can only contact Asus Hong Kong through an e-mail address. I'd expect them to have an RMA page like you have so I can ship it straight to them. Very strange.
How would it work if I create an RMA at Negri? Do I first ship it you in the US and you ship it to HK? How much will I be charged for this?

Anthony: Yes, we can also assist in sending the device for you. The only cost to you for this service would be the shipping cost to our Las Vegas, NV facility.

me: Hmm, that's not really what point 2.5.5.2 of your policy says... "...and you will be charged for the shipping costs incurred to and from the manufacturer."

Anthony: According to our returns department we can cover the shipping costs to the repair facility if it needs to be sent there, you will only need to cover the shipping costs to our facility in Las Vegas and back to you when the RMA is completed.

I didn't have any reply yet from Asus HK. Thumbs up for their support. Not. So I might go with this option. I think this will be the cheapest. I'll give Asus HK one more day to reply. Afterwards I'll create an RMA with Negri, I think.
judgey
Fri Jan 04 2013, 04:44PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #642
did u see this mate?

http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx
eternitykill
Fri Jan 04 2013, 08:34PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #635
I've actually talked to the ASUS myself, but got disappointing results..
First they told me to factory reset the phone, which I think is a direct evidence that they did not read my email thoroughly, cause my phone doesn't turn on at all
So I emailed this women again;

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Service Care.

My name is Myra and it's my pleasure to help you with your problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience in using our product and thank you for your understanding.

If there's no service center in your place, I suggest you contact the place of purchase for repair service. Sorry for the trouble.
Thanks for your understanding!

If you continue to experience issues in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us. And later you will receive a satisfaction questionnaire for this service. Could you help me with this rating (1 is poor ; 10 is excellent ; 7 or greater than 7 means “satisfied”), in order to provide better service for you. Thanks!

Thanks again for your support and love our products!

Happy New Years to you!

Happy New Years to you too Myra, and I'm sending the phone back to Negri's tomorrow. The reply on the mail said that I only had to pay for the one trip to the USA and they'll cover the rest..

But I'm worried that there might be some fees for fixing the phone.. Since the phone doesn't turn on at all, I'm guessing something is seriously messed up..

And I can't really sell the phone either.. I'm in Korea and no-one's gonna buy it. Shucks I shoulda've just bought a Samsung cell phone for all I know, just like all the guys around me..
judgey
Fri Jan 04 2013, 08:43PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #642
So it seems Negri's supplier is sending out bad products. Is yours a HK ver?
tomski
Fri Jan 04 2013, 10:31PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #648
judgey wrote ...

did u see this mate?

http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx

Thanks. I just registered on that website and tried to register my phone when I noticed that the serial number of the phone (on the box) is different from the one on the box of the station. Is that the same for you?
judgey
Fri Jan 04 2013, 11:06PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #642
Yer both different mate i think because they are sold separately to
tomski
Fri Jan 04 2013, 11:50PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #648
OK. That makes sense. Still no answer from Asus HK. Simply unbelievable.

I think I'll try my luck and send my phone back to Negri. I guess it'll take quite some time for it to get back to me. Sigh... Well, a hard lesson learned. Never buy something from outside Europe.

Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF