Padfone 2 unable to boot
Go to page  1 [2] 3 4
Moderators: Marc Schattorie, ctys2ard, oroo708, JHS_NL, RaithK, allram, Frits
Author Post
nate
Mon Apr 22 2013, 02:50PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #612
Just sent mine away to ASUS sydney over the weekend... lets see what they have to say!
Uzrbital
Mon Apr 22 2013, 02:57PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1141
If I have an unlocked bootloader, will the warranty still cover it? Considering they have to replace the components, will they be able to tell if my bootloader is locked or not?

I know that the warranty is void, just making sure that they will know or not considering they have to replace parts.
SparkyRih
Mon Apr 22 2013, 03:16PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2
Uzrbital wrote ...

If I have an unlocked bootloader, will the warranty still cover it? Considering they have to replace the components, will they be able to tell if my bootloader is locked or not?

I know that the warranty is void, just making sure that they will know or not considering they have to replace parts.

It depends on the induvidual that gets your Padfone... If you have a nice one you're lucky, in any other case you're screweed...
troubadour
Mon Apr 22 2013, 06:37PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #474
Mine has just died... I bought it through Amazon.de, got it sent to France but now i'm in Lebanon, the box is still in France and I won't get back to France 'til this summer... i don't know what to do...

[ Edited Mon Apr 22 2013, 06:40PM ]
Seibie
Mon Apr 22 2013, 06:54PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1168
Sent mine to Asus Malaysia on the 13th, and I was able to pick it up the next Saturday (20th).
troubadour
Tue Apr 23 2013, 05:20PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #474
I found this post on XDA : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2220775

Here are the usefull infos :

ASUS already know about this error that phone cannot boot propertly, it's a know issue, and it has an official note about it on their (taiwan) website: http://www.asus.com/tw/News/IOkzw7fDcerZuFoJ

Quote:
[Announcement] PadFone 2 consumer message

Recently there have been the small part PadFone 2 consumers use the situation can not boot, after thorough testing, we found that a small part of the compatibility problem PadFone 2 old software and memory (eMMC), although only a small part of the machine with this problem, but in order to enable consumers to experience the ease of use, Asus decided to comprehensive free replacement parts (ASUS update software) was in mid-February for consumers purchased on February 28. Please consumers on June 30 call 0800-093456, toll-free service appointment for you, once again thank you for your support and love Asus.

Hope they stick to what they announced...
tomski
Wed Apr 24 2013, 08:44AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #648
Fan-f*cking-tastic!

This is already my second Padfone 2 that dies on me. Way to go ASUS. I won't be buying your crappy phones ever again.
Uzrbital
Wed Apr 24 2013, 04:38PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1141
SparkyRih wrote ...

Uzrbital wrote ...

It depends on the induvidual that gets your Padfone... If you have a nice one you're lucky, in any other case you're screweed...

Hoping for the best.
I plugged my PadFone 2 to my PC and in device manager it is mentioned as QHUSB_DLOAD, which apparently means that it's bricked (obviously). Some guy mentioned that a JTAG would work, but what exactly is that?
ledakan43
Fri Apr 26 2013, 09:29AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1240
After almost 2 months of waiting and $202 AUD, my Padfone2 finally came back to me.

Even though this is only the first day after its repair, it is had auto-rebooted twice. Despite that, i still think the device is performing very excellently.

@trobaudour when i sent my phone in for repairs, i also showed them that post. They said it is a different problem(for my case) so they won't be giving free replacement. I don't know if you're problem is the same with mine or not but just don't put your hopes too high
rafael_mfr
Sun May 12 2013, 11:06AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #733
Hey trobadour,

I'm the owner of this thread you mentioned and until now there is no solution.

2 days ago a friend of mine who has this device also got the QHSUSB_QDLOAD error and he is getting crazy/angry whatever.

As we live in Brazil and this phone model isn't approved here yet, they don't support it. Then I had trigger Global ASUS through Facebook and Twitter and they spoke to someone here who got in contact with me.

As I'm unlucky with this phone, with just 1 week of use I craclked whole LCD after fall down onto the floor (http://www.padfoneclub.com/pl/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?4727.post) and warranty was definetly voided during replacement by myself.

Finally they charge me 430 euros for new motherboard + 280 euros round trip shipment (to Holland) with insurance and the final price is more expensive than a brand new device.

.|. ASUS

troubadour wrote ...

I found this post on XDA : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2220775

Here are the usefull infos :

ASUS already know about this error that phone cannot boot propertly, it's a know issue, and it has an official note about it on their (taiwan) website: http://www.asus.com/tw/News/IOkzw7fDcerZuFoJ

Quote:
[Announcement] PadFone 2 consumer message

Recently there have been the small part PadFone 2 consumers use the situation can not boot, after thorough testing, we found that a small part of the compatibility problem PadFone 2 old software and memory (eMMC), although only a small part of the machine with this problem, but in order to enable consumers to experience the ease of use, Asus decided to comprehensive free replacement parts (ASUS update software) was in mid-February for consumers purchased on February 28. Please consumers on June 30 call 0800-093456, toll-free service appointment for you, once again thank you for your support and love Asus.

Hope they stick to what they announced...

Message was editted at 10:53AM:

tomski wrote ...

Fan-f*cking-tastic!

This is already my second Padfone 2 that dies on me. Way to go ASUS. I won't be buying your crappy phones ever again.

I'm thinking about to buy another padfone 2 to even use the station, however a friend of mine got this error 2 days ago and I changed my mind about the purchase.

I'll not try ASUS Padfone 2 anymore. I'm planning to buy a Xperia Z right now..

Message was editted at 11:06AM:

SparkyRih wrote ...

So there have been a lot of reports about Padfone 2's not booting up...

I've locked all the separate topics, and created this sticky thread to make everything clear...

Solution if your Padfone 2 won't boot:
Returning it to Asus and claiming your warranty seems to be the only solution, please correct me if I'm wrong...

I guess this tutorial will help to revive the padfone 2.

http://faq.riffbox.org/index.php?action=artikel&cat=10&id=53&artlang=en

However I don't have this Riff Box (yet) to give a try.

Keep in mind that Padfone 2 is CPU APQ8064 with eMMC as boot memory.

[ Edited Sun May 12 2013, 03:15PM ]
spirosst
Sun May 12 2013, 08:28PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #945
Gyus.. Is there anyone take it back the phone from Asus service center ? how long it take it the repair? I sent it before two weeks and i dont have any news...
ledakan43
Mon May 13 2013, 01:15PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1240
spirosst wrote ...

Gyus.. Is there anyone take it back the phone from Asus service center ? how long it take it the repair? I sent it before two weeks and i dont have any news...

Mine took almost 2 months until it came back to me. I am currently in Sydney and they had to ship the parts from Taiwan and repair the device here. I've updated the device to the latest firmware TW 10.4.15.1-0 and it seems pretty stable to me. Only problem is that it still has the reboot-when-disconnected-from-wifi-in-standby problem, but that is supposed to be a problem with the firmware i believe.
nate
Mon May 13 2013, 02:38PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #612
Mines been in Sydney a little over 3 weeks and no word yet
rafael_mfr
Tue May 14 2013, 06:59PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #733
I guess there is an easy way to fix this issue, however we need an working device to collect device's boot and system image memory areas.

Let me explain the steps:

1) Install QDloader drivers

2) Install the QPST (Qualcomm Product Support Tools)
link1 link2

3) Boot it into bootloader mode by pressing power+up.

4) Open QPST Configuration and check if you device is connected, if not click "Add New Port" untick the checkbox and select your phone on the list

5) Click on the menu Services and Open "QPST Downloader"

6) When QPST Downloader is opened, go to Backup Tab and do the backup, if successfull a QCN file will be created.

that's all!!! Easy right?!

Keep in mind that you'll be helping a lot of people from our community.

*IMPORTANT*
If you are going to do the backup to help me out, I'd suggest doing a full backup of your Padfone2 and current config, WIPE DATA AND CACHE, then doing the qualcomm QPST backup, this way your personal information doesn't come with the QPST-formatted image you send me.

After you're done with QPST, you can restore the original backup that you created and get all settings/data back with no fuss.

[ Edited Tue May 14 2013, 11:38PM ]
xxH
Fri May 17 2013, 01:43AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #1457
they are slow in everything..now they say will repair my 1month later since i give them 2months ago...what a company!
1 User said Thanks to xxH for this post :
 fabiopetz (29 Jun : 22:35)
Go to page  1 [2] 3 4  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF