Signal Issue
Go to page  [1] 2
Moderators: Marc Schattorie, ctys2ard, oroo708, JHS_NL, RaithK, allram, Frits
Author Post
Shaoran
Wed Aug 22 2012, 08:13AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #154
Hi, I just got this phone yesterday. (Had to change the phone 3 times until I satisfied with the current one.) but even for the one I think it's good, it's still have some problem that really bug me which is the signal...on the padfone itself it's ok (slower than my previous galaxy note on getting 3G signal thought.) but when I plug it to the padfone station..BAM...my signal dropped to none or maybe 1 out of 4 signal bar and sometime Wifi is also in discovery mode. I tried to use Signal reset (app on play store) then it switched to airplane mode none stop because it couldn't find the signal and that is worse ~_~
Is it firmware related or hardware? anyone facing this signal drop problem once your Padfone connect to the station?

thank you in advance for the answer and my english isn't my first language so something may be wrong in my sentence, sorry about that xD
Lacus
Wed Aug 22 2012, 08:37AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #136
I do notice this issue on my padfone also. Not sure if others are having this issue or not. On WW firmware by the way. Happen to me once and a while only and depending on how the padfone station was placed.
Shaoran
Wed Aug 22 2012, 08:57AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #154
Lacus wrote ...

I do notice this issue on my padfone also. Not sure if others are having this issue or not. On WW firmware by the way. Happen to me once and a while only and depending on how the padfone station was placed.

Thanks for the fast reply. I'm also on WW firmware too. I have tested to make some call while the phone has zero signal and it still ring and the signal came up to 1 or 2. still wondering what caused this problem.
SparkyRih
Wed Aug 22 2012, 01:13PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2
I've seen these reports before... One person could make his signal stronger by opening the backdoor, if this hleps, it means the phone is not utalizing the antennas in your Padfone Station for some reason (chould be HW or SW)...

I'm on CHT firmware, yesterday I used my Padfone phone/tablet/netbook mode, in all three I had a very, very strong signal the entire day...

But try if there's any difference in signal strength if you open the backdoor of the station, if so, I would recommend contacting Asus...
Shaoran
Wed Aug 22 2012, 01:18PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #154
Thank you SparkyRih, I'm going to try that after my dinner and will report back
Shaoran
Wed Aug 22 2012, 01:31PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #154
oh well....seem like that's the problem as you can see from picture below...
That's not happen to everyone right? lol

the left one is when it's covered and the right one is when I open it, That much different ~_~

edit: picture isnt show up.

[ Edited Wed Aug 22 2012, 01:41PM ]
SparkyRih
Wed Aug 22 2012, 01:40PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2
Shaoran wrote ...

oh well....seem like that's the problem as you can see from picture below...
That's not happen to everyone right? lol

the upper one is when it's covered and below one is when I open it, That much different ~_~

edit: picture isnt show up.

Nothing was uploaded to our server...

I would contact Asus about this, let us know what they say...
Shaoran
Wed Aug 22 2012, 01:40PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #154
here

SparkyRih
Wed Aug 22 2012, 01:42PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2
That's a huge difference...
Shaoran
Wed Aug 22 2012, 02:02PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #154
It happened only some place not all the time but I can see it as a big problem that shouldn't happen. Orz
Will try to contact Asus tomorrow or maybe I go back and change at the retailer shop.. my 4th phone lol
Agnes
Thu Aug 23 2012, 12:11AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #108
I am noticing a wifi signal issue at times. (I have a CHT system)I am using it in the evening while watching TV. I never had an issue with my iPad and we have not moved our router... but at time, the signal just drops out. I have not tested to see if it will improve with the door open or if the keyboard station adds to the problem. I won't be able to do this until Thursday night but I will try to post my results.
SparkyRih
Thu Aug 23 2012, 12:32AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #2
Agnes wrote ...

I am noticing a wifi signal issue at times. (I have a CHT system)I am using it in the evening while watching TV. I never had an issue with my iPad and we have not moved our router... but at time, the signal just drops out. I have not tested to see if it will improve with the door open or if the keyboard station adds to the problem. I won't be able to do this until Thursday night but I will try to post my results.

Wifi still seems to be a problem, also on my Padfone...

We have two wireless routers to cover the house + garden, but when I'm in the the garden I have a very poor signal from the closest router (about 10/12m, and the router is behind a large single glass window) my tf101 and SGS2 didn't seem to have these problems...
ctys2ard
Thu Aug 23 2012, 02:58AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}

Registered Member #3
Agnes wrote ...

same for me. But I noticed a trend, not all routers will give padfone this problem. Only certain routers will result such problem.

Another trend that I notice (which you can try yourself) is try activating the splashtop app that comes with stock with your pc. For the networks where the app is able to run, seemed that the signal lost is never an issue on my side.

I know this is ridiculously stated, but so far, i have tested, that's what happened to me. I will update this post if I notice anything that breaks this trend
Peter
Thu Aug 23 2012, 08:32AM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #62
Agnes wrote ...

I have the same issue with the WiFi notifications, but I do not see real problems with connection to Internet at that time, even downloads were not interrupted.

[ Edited Thu Aug 23 2012, 08:33AM ]
1 User said Thanks to Peter for this post :
 Xyphoid (23 Aug : 11:04)
RaithK
Thu Aug 23 2012, 01:27PM
{ASUS_EMPLOYEE}
Registered Member #52
I contacted support and they just told me to Send it back. But the nearest Asus is în anorher country. Wifi is ok, no signal loss as far as i can Tell.
Go to page  [1] 2  

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF